Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wild Horses, 11" x 14", Watercolor SOLD


"Wild Horses", was a watercolor I really enjoyed painting because of my Montana, summer cowgirl, experiences. My Uncle(Mom's brother) and his family had a big farm just seven miles outside of Valier, not far from Birch Creek. We visited up there in summers, and I loved seeing all the beautiful horses. My cousins with adjoining cattle ranches use to take the "wild horses" up to the base of the Rockies to graze and stay for a season. This is where I got my love of horses, hence this, my first watercolor of horses. This painting was shown at the Western Heritage Museum (Gene Autry Museum) in Los Angeles, where it was recently sold. My cousin knew Gene Autry and I find it a huge honor to have had my little painting end up there. Thank you for viewing my work. Eleanor SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment