Monday, September 28, 2009

Lilies of Maine, 11" x 14", Watercolor


Lilies of Maine, 11" x 14", Watercolor. This one was most fun to paint, a commission piece for a friend. She brought me a photo of some of their yearly travels to Maine, with this one in mind. Come to think of it, I have two groups of friends that go to Maine on a yearly vacation, and they can't say enough good things about the beauty there. I've painted the Boats of Booth Bay Harbor for the couple who are there right now, and then this one for another dear friend. She knew exactly what she wanted and was very happy with the outcome. Of course I loved the flowers but the chair which was most challenging was probably the most fun. I do love a challenge. Just wanted to show it to you, as I love to do commissions pieces. At one point in this I thought there was a never ending winding around of leaves and vines, but in that confusion I saw beauty. Thank you, Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment