Sunday, January 15, 2012

"RED GERANIUMS in a CROCK", 8" x 8", Oil on Canvas, (AVAILABLE)

"Red Geraniums in a Crock", 8" x 8", Oil on Canvas. Is a beautiful small and vibrant, earthy painting of Red Geraniums which had been blooming on my patio.  I love to paint geraniums and some of my fondest painting memories are of those. The scent reminds me of my Mother's geraniums which I remember from my very early childhood.  She had them by the back door and when I was in outside in the play pen I could feel an occasional light breeze which carried the geranium scent. Mostly though I remember my Mother's smile as she turned around occasionally to check on me.  Just one of many memories and one reason I paint. Thank you for looking and I hope it brought you enjoyment.  Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment