Sunday, January 15, 2012

"THE RED BARN", 11" x 14", Oil on Canvas, (SOLD)

"THE RED BARN", 11" x 14", Oil on Canvas (framed) was one of my favorites to paint. This barn is in Fallbrook, CA at the Myrtle Creek Nursery. An often painted barn I suspect, nessled under trees and by all the gorgeous flowers at the nursery.  I wanted to try something different and used a very limited pallette, painting in my own impressionistic style.  I only used Ultramarine Blue, Med. Cad Yellow and Cadmium Red, plus Ivory Black and Titatium White.  It is amazing how all the colors work and really all one needs.  It prooved out to work for me but I hope you like it too. I took the photo of this barn when down there one time and have been looking forward to the day of painting it. Thank you for looking. If interested, please write me at my email   arroyoellie@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment