Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mother's Canning Jar, 10.5" x 10.5", Original Watercolor (SOLD)


Mother's Canning Jar, 10.5" x 10.5", Original Watercolor. This painting was inspired when my geraniums were blooming gorgeous colors. I wanted to paint them but needed the right kind of vase. I thought..Yes, one of my Mother's antique canning jar which are stored down in the basement. Geraniums remind me of her, as so many flowers do, so thought it appropriate that I use that jar. I went down and got one, then with clippers and basket in hand, went to cut a large bouquet to paint. I have so many memories of my Mother, when we use to can fruits, plant flowers, etc. Not that I ever forget, but this painting reminds me of her. I love square watercolors so cropped this to be matted and fit nicely in a 16" x 16", standard square frame. Please enjoy. This painting is available if interested. Contact: arroyoellie@sbcglobal.net Thank you, Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment