Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sunflowers and Dutch Iris, 20" x 14", Watercolor. (SOLD @ the Autry Museum)


Sunflowers and Dutch Iris, 20" x 14", Watercolor. This painting was done for the Gene Autry Western Heritage Museum in Los Angeles, where it was purchased. I had decided to paint flowers, so chose these because I thought it could stretch the imagination and fit in a western motif. Before I framed it to go to the Autry, I had it photographed and it was used up north for the inside cover of a friends memorial service. She was a dear friend and I'm pleased that it went to both places. It seems that some paintings take on a life of their own, and this one had a good run. Please contact me at arroyoelliestudios@sbcglobal.net if you would like me to paint you a picture. Thank you, Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment