Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Persson's Nursery, 10" x 12", Watercolor (Sold)


Persson's Nursery, 10" x 12", Watercolor. This painting was from a photo I took at Persson's Nursery, Pasadena, CA. I went there to admire and take photos of the beautiful flowers. The long tables were covered with bursts of cascading flowers. The colors were just amazing and the excitement of both the warm and cool colors was breathtaking. On this day I tried to paint loose, which isn't as easy as it looks. My favorite season in the year is spring, and it's no doubt because of the profusion of color, and new growth. This painting is $200,/free shipping, with a custom mat. If interested, please contact me at arroyoellie@sbcglobal.net. Feel free to view all my current paintings. Thank you, Eleanor

2 comments:

  1. I came upon your site as I was looking for some info on Persson's and why it has been closed.

    But couldn't leave without telling you how much I like this painting. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I know it was going to close a year or so ago but didn't know it was finally now closed. It was a lovely nursery but probably it was about the economy. Sad, isn't it? Thank you for your nice comment on my work. Ellie

    ReplyDelete